Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bill Viola

Bill Viola



Bill Viola is a contemporary video artist, which specialicializes on electronic video and new media art.  He was born on the 25th of January, 1951.  Viola's work was ment to connect with the viewer on a deeper level, as his work was done in slow motion.  His art portrayed what in his own eyes saw as birth, death, love, emotion, and espiriuality.  Although I've seen many of his videos online, it's really hard for me to interpret the message he is trying to send.  It's somewhat annoying that I can't really connect to his videos in a personal level.  I had to read other peoples' own representation of what his work ment to them for me to start getting my own meaning of his videos. The usage of water for me had a meaning of giving birth.  Nontheless, his work was very interesting and very abstract from what other media artist where doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment